A blog about quilts'n stuff

A blog about quilts'n stuff

Saturday 18 December 2010

alas ...

Hi all,

DH & I  went to town yesterday: we did the weekly shopping and then I bought a new pair of trousers. We  only travelled on the main roads, as there were so many warnings about icey roads. All went well.

My two daughters (18 & 21) left at about three in my car and phoned lateron that something had happened and I wasn't going to like it. So I asked which small post she'd hit. I wasn't too alarmed probably because she phoned herself, so it could never be serious .... or could it?
And very matter of factual she told me she'd skidded but she only hit a tree and then they ended up in a ditch.
OMG!!

We came to fetch them and waited for the tow truck. We went to our GP and all was well, he said. They would develop a few bruises, but nothing serious.
I was sooooooo relieved!


The snag is that my life of luxurious freedom is now down the drain ....

But I'm so thankful the girls are OK.
I'm grateful to all the people who have been working to make this a real safe car, because it was.
Now it's a write off ...

So be it

Betty

0 nice people made my day and said::

Post a Comment