A blog about quilts'n stuff

A blog about quilts'n stuff

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Spring cleaning

The other day something happened.
I was cleaning the house, the bathrooms and what have you.
Perhaps this was a good idea to unclog some drains: downstairs loo and the kitchen sink.
The right procedure is to wash it down with a lot of water.
The loo was easy, I just flushed it twice.
The kitchen sink was different, so I decided to fill it to the rim and then unplug it.
I had to go upstairs to get something (I needed very badly at that time, can't remember what it was now).
The phone rang: a dear friend with an important message.
Then I had to pick up F from the busstop in the village. Making the most of the wonderful weather, we went to the next (bigger) village to a few shops.
We came back to have lunch and entered through the back door.
On entering the kitchen our feet became wet.
I hadn't turned off the tap!!!!

I walked in and ripples of water started to appear!
At least 2 centimeters ( about 1") of water on the floor.
Thank God we have tiles! No parque flooring or carpet, just one big rug ...
After I sweared (sorry! And it didn't help!) ....
we started mopping
                 and mopping
                       and mopping.
After two hours of mopping, cleaning, rearranging furniture and carrying the very heavy and very wet rug into the sun in the garden, we sat down to have lunch.
Pfoei!

I thanked heaven for F being there and helping me;
It's been a while since I've worked that hard!

The rug was drying on two very old (sort of like) quilts. They've been around asl long as I know.
These had to dry too, after the rug was dry, which happened quickly inside on the floor (underfloor heating).

The rug was drying on two very old (sort of like) quilts. They've been around asl long as I know.
These had to dry too, after the rug was dry, which happened quickly inside on the floor (underfloor heating).

really old
and patched up
F left and I cleared all the very wet kitchen cupboards: threw everything wet out.
Like flour, sugar, ready-to-make cake packets and so on. Electrical stuff that was soaking as well: three mixers (As if 1 wasn't enough? No, for special purposes)

I didn't take any pictures ....
on purpose
I felt so stupid!
And actually, it's been a while since I've worked that hard.

The good thing is that (now everything is dry again) my spring cleaning is done!
(Except for the windows)

Have a great week

3 comments:

  1. Invest in Ripple on eToro the World's Top Social Trading Network!

    Join 1,000,000's who have already discovered smarter methods for investing in Ripple.

    Learn from profitable eToro traders or copy their positions automatically!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you tired of searching for bitcoin faucets?
    Triple your claiming speed with this advanced BTC FAUCET ROTATOR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YoBit lets you to claim FREE CRYPTO-COINS from over 100 distinct crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha once and claim as much as coins you can from the available offers.

    After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and continue claiming.

    You can click claim as much as 30 times per one captcha.

    The coins will held in your account, and you can convert them to Bitcoins or Dollars.

    ReplyDelete