A blog about quilts'n stuff

A blog about quilts'n stuff

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Less than 75 days to Christmas

100 Days till Christmas is always around my birthday so I'll always keep that day in mind.
Not that I'm an overdone Christmas fan; to me it's about the message of Hope in Darker Days.
So it could be Christmas any time of the year for me.

Some people have started preparing, planning or making things for Christmas.
Like me.
I've joined the Modern Christmas Fabric Charm Swap!


And sent my fabric to Emily yesterday.
Now I'm just wondering what to make with my 2x 28 different charms ...

Hop on over to Lynn's blog to find out about her giveaway: Aurifil gallore!

What else is happening here?
Plenty of ideas like I'd like to make this quilt, made by Amanda Jean. I'd send it to Kopenhagen where my Danish Friend lives. We haven't hear from each other for a long time, but that does't matter. Whenever we see each other we just pick up where we left.

At the moment I'm working on an Asterisk quilt made of mainly vintage sheets and chenille tape. It turned out I didn't have to order that online, but I could buy it in my local quilt shop!
In soooo many colours: really tempting.
I (only) bought 6 colours.

My orange and pink taped blocks are done, now only the green, blue, red and yellow to be done.
It's a bit boring, but on the other hand really fast.

I'd like my quilt to measure 85"x85"  which are 17 x 17 rows of 5" asterisk blocks (all finished).
Here are a few

I'll let you know how I get on.

What's happening over at your (sewing) space?

1 comment:

  1. I'm finally at the quilting stage to the quilt that would not die... er I mean my precious baby sister's quilt (not so baby anymore) that I've been working on for 6 months+
    I looooove that tree fabric! Where on earth did you find it????

    ReplyDelete