A blog about quilts'n stuff

A blog about quilts'n stuff

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Fat Quarterly Community Retreat London: 4 nights to go!


This Friday I'll be boarding a train to London, the old fashioned way!

I signed up for the retreat in December, when it was announced and that was a good thing. Booked the hotel on the other side of the street) and my journey by train.
I wonder if I would've done it now? Yes, probably, because I'm dying to meet so many other bloggers. It's a big blog meet to me. The workshops are an extra.
The icing on the cake is the location: Londen ahhhhhh
The down side is I will not be able to see the English queen on her boat trip; but I'll get over that.


What will they all look like?
Like Beyonce of course! 
How long will it take for the ice to break?
2 seconds 
Will others be nervous too?
Everyone!
Will I meet everyone?
YEA
Will anyone recognize me?
Now you will
Will I learn a lot?
Yes and like when you were attending secundary school: you learn even more outside the classroom (LOL)
Will I buy anything?
You bet!
Will I have fun?
Me and 100 others.
Will I cry Sunday afternoon?
That's my forte, so yes, probably (I'm such a softy).

Yes, I'm looking forward to this weekend!
See you all!!


And for those who don't go: I hope to make tons of pictures!



19 comments:

  1. Loving the title of the Retreat. Wish to goodness I was going. First I've heard of it. Envious.... Moi? You bet I am. I love London, even though I'm in the UK it's a long way away for me, and I get so excited each time I go. Enjoy. Take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time - I look forward to hearing all about it when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe journey, look forward to seeing you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy Betty. Hope you will have the best of times :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe journey Betty! I'm glad you are coming and looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking forward to meeting you Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. See you there!! I'm super excited too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll have a TV at the retreat so you can sneak off and see the Queen on her boat trip! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. See you on Saturday - only 4 more sleeps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. have a good trip and see you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, I'll bring you a hanky for Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOLOL can't wait to meet you!!! I may call you mad betty though

    ReplyDelete
  13. have a great trip and looking forward to meeting u :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no - I hadn't even thought about the crying!!
    See you Saturday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post Betty - can`t wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am really feeling that I am missing out now! hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete