A blog about quilts'n stuff

A blog about quilts'n stuff

Thursday 24 May 2012

Not a lot of movements

Last week we were invited to a friend's party, she was turning 40: well worth a celebration!
So the night before I thought it would be a great idea to make her a quilt.  And I started cutting my fq bundle of Jenean Morrisson's California Dreamin' which I (needless to say) love. I think I bought it here, but that was a few months ago.

Sorry about the flash, but the light was bad, it was in the evening, and the work HAD to be done.
Sadly to say the next morning I woke up with a migraine ...
So no party, and certainly no quilt yet.

It might have been a stupid odd idea to whip up this quilt in one day ...
I can't help it, I'm optimistic.
That's what I like to call it anyway.

My inspiration for this was a quilt by Amanda Jean; you can see a picture of her quilt in the left hand corner of my photo and you can find the tutorial for it here.

After the migraine is gone, it always takes a few of days to get my energy back; so now I will have to lay in the sun! (it was 34 degrees in the shade here yesterday which was too hot)
With the iPad reading blogs!
I've such a hard life ...

7 comments:

  1. 34 degrees? OMG I‘m glad I live close to the coast and sea! We only had 22.

    Whipping up a quilt in one day... looks like the recipe for a migraine. Enjoy the weather and the needed relaxing to recover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fabric Betty. Hope you feel better soon so you will have an opportunity tp progress on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Migraines = misserable hard life

    Lying in the sun reading blogs, not so much.

    Hope you are feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to read about your migraine, I hope you are feeling a lot better. I used to get them so I know how you feel.

    You were extraordinarily brave picking a quilt with curved piecing to do in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about the migraine, they are just horrible. Put those feet up and relax, the quilt can wait, your health cannot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, but sorry about the migraine. It's horribly hot and sticky here too

    ReplyDelete